Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
ECK604 was a Leyland PSU1/13 with a Leyland B44F body new as Ribble 341 in May 1952. It is seen here with Highland Omnibuses, seemingly having been operating the service to Aviemore.
It was one of six acquired from Ribble in 1967 which were reseated to B42F before entering service with Highland. They were rebuilt, in 1967/8, by Alexander (Coachbuilders) to B38F, with the rear bulkhead moved forward and a box space for 24 sets of skis at the rear. They were withdrawn in 1971 and this one, J1, used as a seat store until sold for scrap by September 1974.
Photo taken by the late John Boylett, courtesy of John Kaye
©1967-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.