Photo © John Stringer. Please do not re-post without permission.
Ezra Laycock, Barnoldswick 74 and 76, BCK437 and BCK452, Leyland PD1As with Burlingham L27/26RD bodies.
New to Ribble MS (2494 and 2509) in 1947 fitted with Brush L27/26R bodies, they were rebodied by Burlingham in 1955, then re-engined in 1958 with O600 units removed from withdrawn PD1s - which had themselves been re-engined in 1949. Withdrawn by Ribble they passed via Frank Cowley (dealer), Salford to Laycock in 1966. BCK452 was withdrawn in 1971, but BCK437 survived to pass to Pennine, Gargrave on their takeover of the Laycock business in 1972, though it was not operated by them and passed via Lister (dealer), Bolton initially to the Ribble Vehicle Preservation Society, then to another unidentified owner in Yorkshire.
Photo taken by John Stringer, 1966, Ezra Laycock's depot, Barnoldswick
©1966-2020 John Stringer All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.