Photo © John Stringer. Please do not re-post without permission.
At North's, the dealer, Sherburn-in-Elmet with in the centre former Western National 634, 348EDV, a Bristol SUL4A with ECW B36F body, new in 1961. Withdrawn in 1972 it passed to North's who quickly sold it on to Garforth Comprehensive School (whose name is actually marked on the windscreen here).
It returned in 1981 and was used to provide spares for a preserved SUL, after which it remained derelict until passing to Trevor Wigley of Carlton for final scrapping in 1996.
Flanking the SUL either side are former Ribble 1608 (left) and 1622 (right) (NCK349 & NCK363), Leyland Atlantean PDR1/1's with Metro Cammell H44/34F bodies, new in 1959 and withdrawn in 1972.
Just visible on the extreme left is a former Standerwick 'Gay Hostess' Atlantean, and in the far background two more SUL's.
Photo taken by John Stringer, June 1972, Premises of Norths, the dealer, Sherburn-in-Elmet
©1972-2019 John Stringer All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.