Photo © Paul S. White. Please do not re-post without permission.
Reliance of Newbury 59, CRP300, an AEC Regal with Duple C33F body, new in 1946 to York Bros, Northampton.
It came to Reliance in March 1959 and was withdrawn in late 1961.
59 was a regular on the Cold Ash route. There were a couple of route variations. Most journeys left the Bath Road at Northfield Road, only a few went via Henwick Lane. At Cold Ash most journeys reversed at The Black & White Garage, opposite Downe House School. A couple of journeys continued to Hermitage "Y" Roads where they reversed. It was a good walk from Hermitage "Y" roads to the village of Hermitage.
Photo taken by Paul S White, 1959/early 1960s, The Wharf, Newbury
©1959-2019 Paul S. White All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.