Photo © Peter Berry. Please do not re-post without permission.
On the left Rochdale Corporation 236, HDK836, an AEC Regent III with East Lancs H33/26R body, new in 1951. On the right Ledgard GDK401 another Regent III/East Lancs but H31/26R and originally new to Rochdale Corporation as 201 in 1948.
BLoTW and the Peter Gould/LUT Society website shows the Ledgard bus as an 0961, and 236 as a 9612E (26ft) - which were essentially the same thing - though it would seem more likely for it to have been the 27ft 9613E by 1951, unless it had been ordered much earlier and built to the original order specification.
A rare photograph taken on an enthusiasts' visit to Rochdale Corporation in the mid-1960s, using the Ledgard bus on hire. Rochdale's ex-Halifax Regal/Roe welfare bus just sneaks into view in the background.
Photo taken by Peter Berry (John Stringer Collection), mid 1960s, Rochdale Corporation Depot
©2017 Peter Berry All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.