Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Preston Corporation 59, FCK453F, was the last of the eight Leyland PD2s which Preston rebuilt. New in March 1954 as 59, FRN739, a Leyland PD2/10 with a Leyland H30/28R body, it had been rebuilt in the Corporation workshops to PD3/6 specification and the seating changed to H38/32F, entering service in September 1967.
These rebuilds were tapered buses with the roof being 7 6 wide, the upper saloon floor being 7 9 wide and the lower saloon floor to a width of 8 0. Withdrawn in 1978 it passed initially to Brown & Root, London SW.19 as a non-P.S.V. and in January 1980 to Rypehouse, London S.E.16 who ran it with an overall advert for their Downtown Restaurant, Surrey Docks, London S.E.16.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Saturday 15 April 1972, Preston Bus Station
©1972-2018 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.