The first postwar buses delivered to Portsmouth were 2 Reading bodied Leyland PD1A delivered at the end of 1947, followed by 4 more (one of which was a PD1) at the beginning of 1948. 199 DTP808 entered service in 11/47 and is seen here in October carrying trade plates at the airport before entering service.
198/200 were numbered after the 19 Weymann bodied PD1 and PD1A that were delivered between January and March 1948. The numbering system having bumped into the trolleybuses (numbered from 201) reverted to 1 for the 1948 Reading bodied Titans.
Photographer unknown, the late Roger Janes Collection, October 1947, Portsmouth Airport, Hilsea
See the Site Map for further details about copyright.