Photo © Peter Green. Please do not re-post without permission.
Preserved ex-PMT L466, NEH466, a Leyland OPD2/1 new in 1950 but rebodied in 1954 with a Northern Counties L53R body. (OPD2 was the designation for the overseas model of the PD2, but an export order was cancelled so they ended up with PMT).
It was originally delivered in April 1950 with a Weymann 35-seat single deck body but the need for double deckers increased in the mid 1950s and as the chassis was capable of carrying this type of body, it received the Northern Counties body seen here, re-entering service in June 1954.
It was withdrawn in 1966 and then used for a time as a training bus - it has been part of the Potteries Omnibus Preservation Society collection since 1976 and is seen here at the Leicester City Transport Open Day.
Photo taken by Peter Green, Sunday 3 October 1982, Leicester City Transport Abbey Park Depot
©1959-2017 Peter Green All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.