Theobald's had two ex Plymouth Leyland TD5s, built in 1938 as TD5c (torque converter transmission) with Weymann lowbridge bodies. Of the original total of 50, eight were rebodied, most unusually by Leyland Motors in 1953, and given conventional clutch and gearboxes at the same time. (see pg161 The Leyland Bus by Doug Jack for a picture). ADR813 of the first registration batch was Plymouth 213, renumbered as 141 in 1953, was bought by Theobald's via London dealer Lansdowne in 1959
This turned out to be the lucky one, although that doesn't look too likely in this view minus engine. Fortunately it lasted long enough to be rescued and is now fully restored back in Devon.
Visible in the hedge on the left, the storeshed is most likely one of the two OWBs formerly operated.
Photo taken by Trevor Brookes, Saturday 5 June 1965, Hartest Field
See the Site Map for further details about copyright.