Photo © Alan R Hall. Please do not re-post without permission.
Paton Bros WCD53 was a Leyland PD2/37 with Weymann H33/28R bodywork which had been new to Brighton as their 53 in May 1959. It was acquired by Patons in August 1973 and, after withdrawal in June 1975, it was purchased by the Ribble Vehicle Preservation Group for spares and was scrapped in October of the same year.
Alongside is the former PBU960 a Northern Counties bodied Leyland PD2/30 which had been new to Oldham Corporation in January 1959 as their 460. Passing to SELNEC (South Division) in November 1969 it was re-numbered 5360. After withdrawal in August 1971 it went to Lister (dealer) of Bolton from whom Patons acquired it in December of that year. After operating it until March 1973, Patons had it converted to a tow wagon.
Photo taken by Alan Hall, c.1974, Paton's Depot, Tower Garage, Ferry Road, Renfrew
©1974-2017 Alan R Hall All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.