Photo © Alan R Hall. Please do not re-post without permission.
Paton Bros JHS228K, a Ford 1014 with Willowbrook C45F bodywork, stands in the sunshine at the depot after coming off service on the Paisley to Renfrew Ferry route. It was bought new by Patons in June 1972 and passed to Western SMT with the company in August 1979 although it was never operated by them. It eventually became a caravan and was licensed until 1994.
In the background one of Cunningham's Atlanteans, operating their share of the joint service, stands at the dropping-off stop. The intensive joint service, five Cunningham's buses followed by three of Paton's was supplemented by Western SMT's competing service and McGill's peak-time journeys. Nowadays this area of Renfrew is something of a backwater as buses are diverted to the nearby Braehead Shopping Centre. Although there is still a passenger ferry service between Renfrew and Yoker, the vehicle chain ferry has passed into history.
Photo taken by Alan Hall, c.1974, Paton's depot, Tower Garage, Ferry Road, Renfrew
©1974-2017 Alan R Hall All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.