SCT'61
John Boylett Memorial Collection Part 2 - 1959

Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.

Seen in Bishop Auckland Market Place was O.K. Motor Services (Emmerson), Bishop Auckland VH8700, an A.E.C. 662 Regal.
New to Hanson, Huddersfield in January 1936 as number 78 with a Burlingham C32F body it passed to Allenby, Great Ayton in September 1947 as number 9. Withdrawn by them in March 1951 it passed to Emmerson where it was rebodied with the 1939 Willowbrook C35F body from GF564 before entering service in March 1952.
GF564, an ex-Green Line coach dating from 1930 had been acquired as a chassis in July 1938 from a Slough dealer and fitted with the new Willowbrook body in July 1939.

Photo taken by the late John Boylett, courtesy of John Kaye, Saturday 1 August 1959, Bishop Auckland Market Place

©1959-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
John Boylett Memorial Collection Part 2 - 1959 Gallery ...
View Gallery Previous Photo Next Photo
OK Motor Services ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: okvh8700. Page and photo added February 2015
Cookie policy