Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
CBA764 seen in Bishop Auckland Market Place was a Leyland PS1 which had been rebodied in early 1953 with a Burlingham FC35F body after being acquired by O.K. Motor Services (Emmerson). It had been new in January 1947 to Fieldsend, Salford with a Santus C33F body. It passed to Allan, Newcastle in April 1948; to Blenheim Haulage, Newcastle in July 1948; then to Stacey (Hylton Castle Coaches), Sunderland and to Wilson, Horsley-on-Tyne before passing to Ritz Motors, Gateshead in June 1950 and was withdrawn in January 1953. On arrival with Emmerson it was rebodied with the Burlingham body seen here.
Photo taken by the late John Boylett, courtesy of John Kaye, Saturday 1 August 1959, Bishop Auckland Market Place
©1959-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.