SCT '61
Photo Gallery

Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.

North Western, Stockport 580, FDB580, was one of twenty Weymann B44F bodied Leyland PSUC1/1 Tiger Cubs new in 1955, which was seen in Piccadilly Bus Station with the old shelters visible.
The batch was delivered with single rear wheels fitted, and converted to twin rear wheels between October 1955 and January 1956. They were converted for one-man operation. In October 1958 (577-588) or March 1959 (589-596), receiving an A suffix to the fleet number. 580 passed to Londonderry & Lough Swilly Railway as number 51, along with four others, in September 1968.

Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 19 January 1958, Piccadilly Bus Station, Manchester

©1958-2021 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
North Western ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: nw580. Page and photo added October 2018
Cookie policy