Photo © Chris Hough. Please do not re-post without permission.
Newcastle had a large tram fleet, the final ones lasting until after the second world war. Car 114 was built for the start of the system in 1901 on withdrawal it was stored at Gosforth. In the second world war it was bought by Sheffield to replace trams lost in the blitz. Sheffield rebuilt the tram with a covered top and vestibules.
It was rescued from a farm near Scunthorpe and restored to its original condition at Beamish It seen garlanded with flowers in the Edwardian manner to celebrate 40 years of Beamish tram operation
Photo taken by Chris Hough, Sunday 7 April 2013, Beamish Open Air Museum
©2013-2017 Chris Hough All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.