Photo © Wimborne Railway Society archive. Please do not re-post without permission.
Mexborough and Swinton replaced almost their entire trolleybus fleet post war with 39 similar single deckers. The first 6 were delivered in 1943 to a utility design, the remainder between 1947 and 1950 having more rounded styling. 33, FWX917, is a 1948 Sunbeam F4 with Brush bodywork, seating 35 (32 when delivered).
Up to and after closure of the system most of the post war fleet passed to other operators usually in chassis only form either for spares or rebodying. 33 was destined to pass to Bradford where it was dismantled for spares.
Photo from Wimborne Railway Society Archive (c/o Ken Aveyard), taken Saturday 20 August 1960, Church St., Swinton
©1960-2018 Wimborne Railway Society archive All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.