Photo © Bernard Warr. Please do not re-post without permission.
Never the most popular of single deckers amongst the Midland Red crews, the S14 was the culmination of many years development work to lighten vehicles and thereby reduce the running cost. Part of this 'down sizing' included single rear wheels which gave the vehicle a lively ride when lightly loaded. Here we see 4692, 692BHA, in Banbury.
4692 was new in 1958 and spent the first three years of its life at Hereford Depot. It was converted to OPO in 1961 and allocated to Banbury Depot where it remained for the rest of its service life being withdrawn in December 1970.
Photo taken by Bernard Warr, Sunday 19 May 1963, Market Place, Banbury
©1963-2017 Bernard Warr All Rights Reserved.
Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.
Prints of Bernard's photos can be obtained from his Classic Transport Photos website.