Photo © Bernard Warr. Please do not re-post without permission.
To service Midland Red's prestigious Coach Cruise business 12 C32C luxury coaches were built in 1954. The chassis was by BMMO, the bodywork by Alexander and designated C4. All were upseated to C37C in 1959. This photograph shows 4250, UHA250 in Central Works following a pre-season check prior to return to Sandacre Street Depot, Leicester for the 1961 season.
1961 was to be the last year that C4s were used on the Company's prestigious Coach Cruises, their role being taken over by the Plaxton bodied CL3s in 1962. All of the C4s had been withdrawn by the end of 1966 and, regrettably, non survived into preservation.
Photo taken by Bernard Warr, April 1961, Carlyle Road Works, Birmingham
©1961-2017 Bernard Warr All Rights Reserved.
Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.
Prints of Bernard's photos can be obtained from his Classic Transport Photos website.