Photo © Bernard Warr. Please do not re-post without permission.
Seen in April 1961 is Midland Red S13 MkII no 3951, OHA951, fresh from overhaul and repaint at Central Works. The S13s were bodied either by Brush or Nudd and 3951 was built by the latter bodybuilder. They were classified as dual-purpose vehicles and had 40, allegedly more comfortable, seats.
3951 was new in August 1952 and spent the first 10 years of her working life at Harts Hill Depot to where she was about to return at the time of the photograph. A move to Shrewsbury came in February 1962 and she was withdrawn in February 1966.
Photo taken by Bernard Warr, April 1961, Central Works, Five Ways, Birmingham
©1961-2017 Bernard Warr All Rights Reserved.
Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.
Prints of Bernard's photos can be obtained from his Classic Transport Photos website.