Photo © Bernard Warr. Please do not re-post without permission.
To aid the development of Midland Red's prestigious Coach Cruises 12 special coaches were introduced in 1950. Based on the C1 the bodywork was again by Duple to a Midland Red design and was of C26C configuration, designated C2. Seating was later increased to 30. This photograph shows 3356, KHA356, in Central Works following a pre-season check prior to return to Bearwood Depot for the 1961 season.
1961 was to be the last year that C2s were used on the Company's Coach Cruises, their role being taken over by the Plaxton bodied CL2s in 1962. All of the C2s had been withdrawn by the end of 1966 and, regrettably, none survived into preservation.
Photo taken by Bernard Warr, April 1961, Carlyle Road Works, Birmingham
©1961-2017 Bernard Warr All Rights Reserved.
Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.
Prints of Bernard's photos can be obtained from his Classic Transport Photos website.