Photo © David Beilby. Please do not re-post without permission.
A selection of Morecambe buses parked up in the depot. To the right is the former 20, JTE546, the last of a batch of AEC Regent 6811As with Park Royal H30/26R bodies which was by then not in passenger service and used as a promotional vehicle. Next is the rear of 81, the highest-numbered Regent III in the fleet which was a 1954 6812A model with Park Royal H33/26R body. The next three, in the same order, are 58, 61 and 65 (KTF 587/90/94), all pre-selector 9612E models with Park Royal O33/26R bodies which had long lives due to their open-top status. Finally on the left is 32, HHG32, an East Lancs H41/32F-bodied PD3/6 formerly in the Burnley, Colne and Nelson fleet.
All of these had received the blue and white livery for the new combined Lancaster/Morecambe undertaking with the exception of the promotional vehicle and 81, which is still in the two shades of green used by Morecambe in later years. These colours replaced the green and cream livery formerly used from about 1967.
Photo taken by David Beilby, Thursday 5 August 1976, Morecambe Battery Depot
Click here for David's photo gallery
©1976-2017 David Beilby All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.