Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
New in March 1930, a Leyland TS2 Tiger with a Car Works B32R body as Manchester 33, VR5996 was fitted with a similar Car Works "reconstructed" body in 1938. In April 1940 it became Ambulance A313 and was reinstated as a bus in 1945. In 1948 it was withdrawn for conversion and became Canteen A88 in April 1950.
It was sold in May 1962 to the West of England Transport Collection for preservation and, after passing to a further preservationist, eventually passed in poor condition to the Greater Manchester Transport Museum where it was used to restore similar vehicle 28 (VR5742). It is seen serving the Cannon Street Bus Station.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 23 February 1958, Cannon Street Bus Station
©1958-2020 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.