Photo © Alan R Hall. Please do not re-post without permission.
McGill's Bus Service workshops with a number of vehicles receiving or awaiting attention. Among those visible are (l to r) NHS582L, NHS764, XHS923H and GVD47.
NHS582L was a Daimler CRG6LXB with Alexander H44/34F bodywork which was new in July 1973 and passed to Eagre Coaches, Morton, Lincolnshire in August 1979. NHS764 was a Leyland PD2/30 with Massey H33/28R bodywork new in March 1959 and sold for scrap in November 1979. XHS923H was a Daimler CRG6JX with Alexander H45/30D bodywork which was new in May 1970 and which was rebuilt to H45/29F by GGPTE in August 1977; it was withdrawn by McGill in October 1986 and sold to Wilson's of Carnwath in October 1986.
GVD47 was a Guy Arab III with a Gardner 6LW engine and Duple H31/26R bodywork; it was exhibited at the 1950 Commercial Show and intended as part of an order for Red & White not all of which were actually delivered. Instead it was acquired in 1951 by Hutchison's of Overtown and first registered in February 1952; Hutchison found it unsatisfactory, however, and sent it to Milburn Motors (dealer) from whom McGill acquired it in 1952. It was withdrawn about July 1979 and retained for non-PSV duties; subsequently preserved by McGill it spent spells at the SVBM, Whitburn, and the SVBM, Lathalmond, and is now with McGill, Greenock, for continued preservation.
Photo taken by Alan Hall, c.1973, McGill's depot, Muriel Street, Barrhead
©1973-2017 Alan R Hall All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.