Photo © John Stringer. Please do not re-post without permission.
Two former Yorkshire Woollen District AEC Reliance MU3RVs. TKM304 had a Harrington C37C body and was new to Maidstone & District (C304) in 1954, passing to YWD (435) in 1968. It passed to North's the dealer in 4/70 who sold it on to Davies, Ferryhill in 8/70, moving on to O'Neill, Spennymoor in 7/71.
BHD705 had a Weymann Fanfare C39F body and was new to YWD (765) in 1956, being renumbered 409 in 1967, and again to 459 in 3/68. It too passed to North's in 4/70 but attracted no buyer and was later scrapped.
YWD purchased six of these TKMs from Maidstone & District to replace their six Beadle-Commer TS3s, a further one being acquired for the associated Hebble company to replace a written off Reliance/Panorama.
Photo taken by John Stringer, Saturday 16 May 1970, Premises of North's (dealer), Sherburn-in-Elmet
©1970-2021 John Stringer All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.