SCT '61
Photo Gallery

Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.

For a short while South Lancashire owned twenty-four motor buses although they carried Lancashire United fleetnames. This came about when the St. Helens service was converted to motorbus operation and an Act of Parliament to wind up S.L.T. was proving troublesome. The buses were 570-593, YTD871-894, Daimler CVG5s with Weymann H33/28R bodies new in 1956. Here 591, YTD892 is seen outside Atherton depot the day before S.L.T. was wound up at midnight on 31st August 1958.
It has lost the '5' from the fleet number in this shot.

Photo taken by John Kaye, Saturday 30 August 1958, Atherton Depot

©1958-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
Lancashire United ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: lu591. Page and photo added July 2012
Cookie policy