SCT '61
Photo Gallery

Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.

Seen on Madeira Drive at Brighton on the occasion of the 1973 Historic Commercial Vehicle Club Rally was CGJ188, which had been Q83 in the London Transport Green Line fleet. New in 1935, operating from Dorking garage it was one of twenty-seven A.E.C. O762 Qs, London Transport code 4Q4, converted from buses to coaches in 1936. It is seen displaying the route board for route 'L' Uxbridge - London - Great Bookham which was operated from Leatherrhead garage until the route was withdrawn in May 1937.

Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 6 May 1973, Madeira Drive, Brighton

©1973-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
Grey Scale
London Transport Preserved ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: ltq83b. Page and photo added October 2015
Cookie policy