Londonderry & Lough Swilly UI9514, a 1952 Leyland PSU1/15 with Leyland C41C body was new to North Western Road Car Co., no. 609, FDB609.
Withdrawn in 1962 and sold with three others to the L&LSWR the same year, it was re-registered as shown and numbered 99. The L&LSWR was, like the County Donegal Railway, another of those narrow gauge railways in North West Ireland that continued to run buses after the cessation of railway operations (in this case as early as 1953). The location of the photo was unfortunately not recorded, but it was taken in July 1964 and the vehicle enjoyed another 10 years of service before being withdrawn in 1974 and ending its days as a hen hut at Letterkenny.
Photo taken by Trevor Leach, July 1964, Letterkenny Bus Station
See the Site Map for further details about copyright.