Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
AUM413C was one of two Leyland PSU3/3RT Leopards with Plaxton Panorama C51F bodies hired by Ledgard, Armley from Stanley Hughes, the Gomersal dealer. It is seen here outside The Nelson Hotel at Branch Road, Armley where Samuel Ledgard, as well as running a bus fleet and other activities, was also the licensee from May 1897 until his death in April 1952.
Behind the Leopard are a Duple bodied Bedford SB5 (846 or 847HUA), a Burlingham bodied Leyland Tiger Cub (UUA794/5 or 6) and a Duple bodied Ford 570E (8848WY or 252BNW). The entrance to Ledgard's coach garage can be seen two doors to the left of the hotel. The entrance to the bus garage at a lower level was via a steep hill round the corner to the right behind the last of the coaches here. The Nelson Hotel is now an Indian restaurant and on one wall there is a large mural showing many scenes from the Ledgard era.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 18 April 1965, Branch Road, near Ledgard Armley Depot, Leeds
©1965-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.