SCT'61
Trams

Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.

Still in the pre-1948 blue and cream livery and appearing to be almost derelict at Roundhay Park is Leeds Chamberlain tram 98 which had an English Electric 46/26 body on an E.M.B. Pivotal truck.. New in September 1926 it was withdrawn on 3rd October 1953 after the closure of the route to Half Mile Lane and was burned at Lowfields Road Permanent Way Yard on the 5th November.

Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 31 May 1953, Roundhay Park, Leeds

©1953-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
Leeds City Transport ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: ld98. Page and photo added June 2015
Cookie policy