Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Seen in York Road, inbound and approaching the junction with Marsh Lane is Feltham 525 which had entered service in Leeds on 6th March 1951 and which was withdrawn on 6th November 1959 and broken up in Swinegate depot on 10th December by J.W. Hinchliffe Ltd (scrap merchants), Leeds.
It was one of ninety acquired from London and had a body, seating 42/28 in Leeds, 42/22 in London, built by the Union Construction Company, Feltham, Middlesex on E.M. B. Maximum Traction bogies. With an overall length of 40' 6", it weighed 18 tons 6 cwt.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Saturday 29 October 1955, York Road, Leeds
©1955-2021 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.