Photo © Chris Hough. Please do not re-post without permission.
Leeds 514, 7514UA, a 1959 Daimler CVG6LX/30 with Roe bodywork entered service on Saturday 7th November 1959 as a direct tramway replacement vehicle, it was placed in service at teatime to replace a tram on the Halton route. It is seen here in December 1976 on an enthusiasts tour. On New Years Eve 1976, 514 became the last rear loader to run in Leeds.
When it was withdrawn, 714 (as it had been since renumbering in 1972) was the last bus in Leeds livery, the last to carry the Leeds crest and the last bus with tungsten lighting. It was subsequently preserved The shelter on the left of the picture appears to be a particularly ramshackle affair!
Photo taken by Chris Hough, December 1976, Colton Village
©1976-2017 Chris Hough All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.