SCT'61
Trams

Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.

At the Kirkstall Abbey terminus, on the last day of the tram service, 509, by now repainted into standard livery, approaches the terminal stub whilst 513 is at the loading point for the return journey to Roundhay via the city centre. Both are ex-London Felthams built in 1931 as Metropolitan Electric Tramways 334 and 356 with Union Construction Company, Feltham 42/28 bodies and were ex-London Transport 2078 (509) and 2100 (513). Both entered service in Leeds in December 1950 and they were withdrawn on 29th December 1958 and 11th December 1957 respectively.

Photo taken by John Kaye, Saturday 3 April 1954, Abbey Road Terminus, Kirkstall Abbey

©1954-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
Leeds City Transport ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: ld509b. Page and photo added June 2015
Cookie policy