SCT '61
Photo Gallery

Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.

Leeds 509, one of the 90 Feltham trams acquired from London in 1950-1. This was taken at Harehills Road on an enthusiasts tour and 509 was the only one to operate in this particular variant of the red/cream livery.
Built in 1930-1 by the Union Construction Company, Feltham they were mounted on E.M.B. maximum traction bogies and seated (in Leeds) 42/28. 509 had been L.P.T.B. 2078 and, prior to that, M.E.T. 334.

Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 3 June 1951, Harehills Road

©1951-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
Leeds City Transport ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: ld509. Page and photo added March 2007
Cookie policy