Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Leeds 446, seen here at Hulton Lane, Atherton, was one of the fifty trams acquired from Hull in 1942 (32) and 1945 (18). It had been Hull 132, new in July 1910, had been rebuilt in 1931 and had been withdrawn in February 1942.
It entered service in Leeds on 27th March 1942 and was last noted in normal service in May 1951. It was withdrawn on 21st October 1951 after a special enthusiasts tour of parts of the Leeds system. It was the last of the 42 which entered service in Leeds to remain in use and was sold to the Tramway Museum Society. The body was moved to Atherton 7th/8th June 1955 and it eventually ended up at "Street Life", the Hull Museum of Transport.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Saturday 30 August 1958, Hulton Lane, Atherton
©1958-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.