Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Leeds 290, HUM421, seen in Leeds Central Bus Station, was an A.E.C. O661 Regent with a Roe H31/25R body. It had been built for the 1939 Commercial Motor Show, which was cancelled, and it entered service in March 1940 as number 500, but was renumbered to 290 in November 1949.
It was withdrawn in January 1956, passing to North (dealer), Leeds in December 1956 from where it passed to Robinson, Oulton for spares in October 1957. Robinson fitted the engine to one of his lorries and sold the rest to Johnson (breaker), Churwell in March 1958.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Saturday 30 October 1954, Leeds Central Bus Station
©1954-2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.