Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Seen at the terminus of route 25 to Hunslet, and about to return to Swinegate is Leeds 275, the car constructed by the transport department at Kirkstall Works during the war, as a replacement for Chamberlain 104 which had been burnt out on Prince's Avenue on the Roundhay Route in July 1942.
Initially numbered 104 it was renumbered to 275 in 1948 and spent all its time on the Corn Exchange to Half Mile Lane route until that was withdrawn in October 1953, after which it plied the short route to Hunslet with only occasional use elsewhere. It is seen in Thwaite Gate, Hunslet with Pontefract Road disappearing in the distance under the bridge and Wakefield Road curving off to the right.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 7 February 1954, Hunslet
©1954-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.