Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Leeds Middleton bogie 258 in the pale blue and cream livery is seen at the Stanningley terminus at Cohen's works on a Light Railway Transport League Tour. The "19 Lower Wortley" destination was set specially for the photographers, that route having been converted to motor bus operation with the last tram operating on 23rd August 1946. Waiting to pass on the route from Pudsey is Leyland TD5 number 313 with a Roe H31/25R body, one of fifteen new in 1937, this one later becoming number 689 in the Barton fleet.
Scanned from a 3" x 2" print, one rail of the railway line which crossed Stanningley Town Street between the two parts of Cohen's works can just be seen in the foreground. At this time the Stanningley terminus was used only by peak hour specials for Cohen's works, the normal terminus of route 14 being at Half Mile Lane.
Photo taken by unknown, John Kaye collection, Sunday 24 October 1948, Town Street, Stanningley
©2015-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.