SCT'61
Trams

Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.

Leeds Middleton Bogie 255 was new in July 1933. It had a Brush 40/30 body on Maley & Taunton Swing Link bogies and was withdrawn in October 1955, being burned at Low Fields Road Permanent Way Yard in November 1956.
It weighed 15 tons 10 cwt., was fitted with four regenerative motors, was 36' 0" long, and was thus 6" longer than the production cars, 256-271. It is seen here on the terminal spur at Easterly Road, Harehills whilst on an L.R.T.L. tour of the system.

Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 4 May 1952, Easterly Road, Harehills, Leeds

©1952-2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
Trams Gallery ...
View Gallery
Leeds City Transport ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: ld255c. Page and photo added January 2019
Cookie policy