SCT '61
Photo Gallery

Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.

Seen on an L.R.T.L. tour of the Leeds system is the prototype Middleton bogie, 255, which entered service on 2nd July 1933 and was the only one of the seventeen to have the staircase on the offside. It is in St. Chad's Road at the side of Headingley Depot/Garage which, at that time, housed both trams and buses. This had a Brush body seating 40/30 and was mounted on Maley & Taunton swing-link bogies. With an overall length of 36ft 0in, the prototype was 6in longer than the sixteen which followed.

Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 4 May 1952, St. Chad's Road, Headingley

©1952-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
Leeds City Transport ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: ld255. Page and photo added January 2015
Cookie policy