Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Leeds 179, AUM422, was new in May 1935. It was an A.E.C. O661 Regent with a Roe H30/26R body which had been rebuilt in 1949 by East Lancs, Bridlington.
Initially withdrawn at the end of 1950, and used in the learner fleet from November 1951 until 1953, it was re-instated for tram replacement work in April 1954 before being withdrawn on 1st August 1954 and, after withdrawal, was converted in March 1955 for use as a tree lopper as seen here in Torre Road Garage yard. It was sold to Goodwin & Smith (breakers), Barnsley in September 1968.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 27 May 1956, Torre Road Garage, Leeds
©1956-2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.