SCT '61
Photo Gallery

Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.

The Leeds tram service to Half Mile Lane (14) had been withdrawn in October 1953 and seen in Stanningley Road, at Bramley Town End on a peak hour short working, is 174, AUM417, an A.E.C. Regent with a Roe H30/26R body which had been new in 1935.
This was one of seven which had been rebuilt in 1948/49 by East Lancs (Bridlington). They were all withdrawn at the end of 1950 but five were reinstated for tram replacement on 4th April 1954 when the Kirkstall Abbey and Compton Road routes were converted to bus operation. This one, which had been used as a learner bus from November 1951 to 1953, was finally withdrawn on 31st July 1954. The chassis was scrapped and the body was transferred to Daimler CWA6 512, JUG112, in August 1955, lasting in that form until 28th February 1957 when the Daimler passed to Wessex Coaches, for use on the Hinckley Point service. On the right is the side wall of Bramley (bus) Garage ex-Bramley (tram) Depot.

Photo taken by John Kaye, Thursday 22 July 1954, Stanningley Road, Bramley Town End

©1954-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
Leeds City Transport ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: ld174. Page and photo added April 2017
Cookie policy