SCT '61
Photo Gallery

Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.

ANW682 was in use by Leeds Trades Council for Trade Union Week and is seen on Millgarth Street Car Park in Leeds. It is an A.E.C. 661 Regent new as Leeds 139 on 1st September 1934 with a Roe H28/26R body. The petrol engine was soon replaced and on 11th January 1935 it re-entered service having been fitted with a diesel engine, the batch of 127-157 being similarly dealt with between 21st November 1934 and 28th March 1935. The seating was later altered to H30/26R and the body was rebuilt by East Lancs, Bridlington in 1947/8. Initially withdrawn from service in 1950, 139 was re-instated in November 1953 for tramway replacement and finally withdrawn from service on 30th June 1954.
After use for purposes such as that shown here 139 subsequently passed into preservation initially by the Leeds Regent Preservation Group in July 1966 and is currently at the Keighley Bus Museum.

Photo taken by John Kaye, Tuesday 16 September 1958, Millgarth Street Car Park

©1958-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
Leeds City Transport ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: ld139f. Page and photo added July 2015
Cookie policy