Photo © Roland Wilcox. Please do not re-post without permission.
1934 Leeds AEC Regent 139, ANW682, now owned by the Keighley Bus Museum Trust, outside the former 1915 tram depot of Leeds City Tramways.
Why the balloons? Having been occupied as a DIY store for some years it had now been converted to flats known as the "Tramways" development which also included a health club.
This depot originally housed 24 trams for the Leeds - Guiseley (White Cross) service, 9 miles north west of Leeds, which was replaced by buses as long ago as October 1934. For a short while, single deck trolleybuses also ran from White Cross to Otley and to Burley-in-Wharfedale.
Photo taken by Roland Wilcox, May 2003, White Cross, Guiseley
©2003-2019 Roland Wilcox All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.