Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
A snowy scene at Bramley Town End with Chamberlain 138 about to return, by using the crossover in the roundabout, to Corn Exchange in Leeds.
The gap in the railings between the two Keep Left signs was for the track leading to Bramley tram depot, closed in January 1949. Chamberlains 1 to 150 were new in 1926-1928 and 138, new in April 1927, was one of 75 built by English Electric, seating 46/26, on E.M.B. Pivotal trucks. Its trucks were replaced in November 1947 by a Peckham P.35 truck and it last ran in service on 2nd March 1956.
It was burnt at Low Fields Road Permanent Way Yard in October 1956.
Photo taken by John Kaye, c1950/1, Bramley Town End
©2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.