Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
HUM410 was new in December 1939 and was one of twenty A.E.C. O661 Regents with Roe H31/25R bodies, HUM401-420, new between December 1939 and March 1940 . Originally numbered 115 it became number 4 in the learner fleet in November 1956 and continued as such until October 1963.
It is seen, whilst in use on learner duties, in the yard at the rear of Bramley Garage in Henconner Lane. Until early 1949 this had been a tram depot but was converted to be a bus garage from late 1949. The end wall of the building was a temporary one, mainly glazed, the intention having been to extend the tram depot but this did not take place. This area to the rear of the garage was used as additional parking space and buses entered the garage through an opening in the rear wall by means of a ramp, off to the right of the picture. The garage floor level, at the rear of the garage, was about ten feet higher than that of the yard, and the ramp was curved through ninety degrees to take buses from Henconner Lane into the garage.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Monday 21 April 1958, Bramley Garage
©1958-2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.