SCT '61 Photo Index
Latest Photos
This page shows the latest 50 photos added to the site. You can see photos added for any month by using the button at the foot of the page.

Click on any thumbnail for a full size photo or click here for the main index of all the photos on the site.
Leeds City Transport on RNW307
Photo taken Sunday 10 August 1969
(added 24 July 2014)
Leeds City Transport on SUB423G
Photo taken Sunday 10 August 1969
(added 24 July 2014)
West Monmouthshire on UWO688 (Photo by David Everett, John Kaye collection)
Photo taken Sunday 7 September 1969
(added 24 July 2014)
Rawtenstall Corporation on 1938 Leyland TS8 DTD249
Photo taken Monday 19 April 1971
(added 24 July 2014)
Southend crest on an unidentified vehicle in the late 1960s. Earlier this had appeared with “SOUTHEND CORPORATION TRANSPORT” in black on the waist band (see shot of Southend’s last trolleybus). By the 1960s the crest appeared on its own with no fleetname. Later it appeared with a much smaller fleetname on the between decks panel at the front (has anyone a close up of this fleetname?). (added 24 July 2014)
Maidstone Corporation fleetname on preserved PD2 26YKO. (added 24 July 2014)

Coventry 99, GKV99, was an A.E.C. 0961 Regent III, the chassis of which was built as early as 1948 but which was not bodied until 1951 when Metro-Cammell had capacity to body it with an H30/26R body to London Transport RT3 specification.
Photo taken Sunday 10 May 1964, Sandy Lane Garage, Coventry
(added 23 July 2014)
This Maudslay M9612E Regent III, seen at the Sandy Lane garage, with a Metro-Cammell H31/27R body was new as Coventry 123, JKV123, and was one of nine new in 1951.
Photo taken Sunday 10 May 1964, Sandy Lane Garage, Coventry
(added 23 July 2014)
Coventry received twenty-five Metro-Cammell H34/29R bodied Daimler CVG6s in 1963 and 325, 325CRW, is seen here in Pool Meadow.
Photo taken Sunday 10 May 1964, Pool Meadow, Coventry
(added 23 July 2014)
Coventry 212, SKV212, new in 1956 was one of fifty buses new in 1955/6 which is seen in Pool Meadow. It was a Daimler CVG6 with a Metro-Cammell H33/27R body.
Photo taken Sunday 10 May 1964, Pool Meadow, Coventry
(added 23 July 2014)
Coventry 186 RWK186, one of fifty buses new in 1955/6 is seen in Pool Meadow. It was a Daimler CVG6 with a Metro-Cammell H33/27R body, this being one of those which entered service in 1955.
Photo taken Sunday 10 May 1964, Pool Meadow, Coventry
(added 23 July 2014)
Reliance, Newbury 87, 504EBL, was a Bedford VAL14 with a Duple Vega Major C52F body was seen in Coventry.
Photo taken Sunday 10 May 1964, Coventry
(added 23 July 2014)

Swindon Coat of Arms on preserved Daimler 112, UMR112.
Photo taken Sunday 20 July 2014, Anstey Park, Alton
(added 22 July 2014)
AEC Regal III KDD38 with Harrington FC33F body, new to Bevan Brothers Soudley Valley, Gloucestershire, in 1950.
Photo taken Sunday 20 July 2014, Anstey Park, Alton
(added 22 July 2014)
Southampton 335, 335AOW, Leyland Titan PD2A/27 with Park Royal H37/29R body, new in January 1963.
Photo taken Sunday 20 July 2014, Anstey Park, Alton
(added 22 July 2014)
Ashton-under-Lyne Coat of Arms on XTC853
Photo taken Saturday 7 August 1965
(added 22 July 2014)
Aberdare U.D.C. on LNY854
Photo taken Sunday 7 September 1969
(added 22 July 2014)

City of Oxford 371, FWL371E, a AEC Renown with 65 seat Northern Counties bodywork, one of four delivered in August 1967.
Photo taken Sunday 20 July 2014, Anstey Park, Alton
(added 20 July 2014)

In the days of Aberdare Urban District Council the buses carried a version of the Royal Arms as shown above. The practice had been inherited from the Board of Health (which preceded the Urban District Council) who had been doing it since 1854. When the Home Office became aware in 1927 it required representations to the Home Secretary to prevent him from ordering the practice to cease and this device remained in use until the formation of Cynon Valley District Council in 1974.
Photo taken Thursday 15 November 1979, Gadlys depot, Aberdare
(added 19 July 2014)
Haslingden Corporation's garter with coat-of-arms within. The motto reads "Nothing without labour". No Latin here but maybe for wider understanding it should have read "Nowt wi'out werk".
Photo taken 1960s
(added 19 July 2014)
When Rawtenstall and Haslingden merged in 1968 the resulting operator was Rossendale Joint Transport Committee. This is the then-new fleetname as applied, almost certainly, to one of the PD2/1s of the batch 1-10 (KTE721-30)
Photo taken about 1970
(added 19 July 2014)
This is a bus that has successfully passed the technical checkup in France as a Vintage Commercial Vehicle on 15th July. Assuming the fleet number is correct, its Ribble 1841, a Leyland PD3/5 with Metro Cammell FH41/31F body, new in May 1963 with registration TCK841.
Photo taken Tuesday 15 July 2014, France
(added 19 July 2014)
Red and White Services was the Associated Motorways member that participated in the operation of the joint Yelloway and Associated Motorways Rochdale to Barry Island summer Saturday holiday service. Eastern Coachworks bodied Bristol RELH number RC169, SAX1G, is seen in Rochdale prior to its return to South Wales.
Photo taken Saturday 26 May 1973, Smith Street Bus Park, Rochdale
(added 19 July 2014)
Seen at the Sandy Lane garage, Coventry 101, GKV101, was the first of sixteen Daimler CVD6s with Brush B34F bodies which were new in 1949.
Photo taken Sunday 10 May 1964, Sandy Lane Garage, Coventry
(added 19 July 2014)
Coventry 110, HKV110, was one of sixteen Brush B34F bodied Daimler CVD6s new in 1949 and was seen at the Harnall Lane garage.
Photo taken Sunday 10 May 1964, Harnall Lane Garage, Coventry
(added 19 July 2014)
Rossendale Joint Transport Committee on XTJ938D
Photo taken Monday 19 April 1971
(added 19 July 2014)

Stevenson, Spath 1, RWT613, was a Guy Arab UF with a Burlingham B44F body new in 1956 to Morgan, Armthorpe. It was acquired in January 1964 and is seen in Uttoxeter.
Photo taken Sunday 10 May 1964, Uttoxeter
(added 17 July 2014)
Seen in Uttoxeter is Stevenson, Spath 30, KUE950, which was an A.E.C. 9821E Regal IV with a Burlingham B44F new in 1951 which had been acquired from its original operator, DeLuxe, Mancetter, in November 1961.
Photo taken Sunday 10 May 1964, Uttoxeter
(added 17 July 2014)
Green Bus Company, Rugeley 17, LPT140, was a Guy Arab III fitted with a Brush B38F which had been new in 1950 to Northern General as number 1340. It was acquired by Green Bus Company in October 1962 and was one of four acquired at that time following eight which had been acquired in 1959/60. It is at the Rugeley garage of Green Bus.
Photo taken Sunday 10 May 1964, Rugeley
(added 17 July 2014)
This Guy Arab III, MRE391, with a Santus C33F body was new to Stevenson, Spath in October 1946 as number 18. Photographed at the Spath, Uttoxeter garage, it was not traced further after withdrawal in October 1965.
Photo taken Sunday 10 May 1964, Spath
(added 17 July 2014)
Stevenson, Spath 23, KGK725, an A.E.C. 0961 Regent III with a Cravens H30/26R body, which had been new to London Transport Executive in 1949 as RT1466, was one of two acquired in April 1957.
Photo taken Sunday 10 May 1964, Spath
(added 17 July 2014)
Photographed at the Spath, Uttoxeter garage, Stevenson, Spath 7, FA8424, was a Guy Arab III with a Brush B34F body new in 1946 as Burton 39, which had been acquired in April 1954.
Photo taken Sunday 10 May 1964, Spath
(added 17 July 2014)

Giving rides at the rally was one and a half deck Morris Motors Band coach 14LFC with a Wadham Stringer body built in 1961. It was specially designed with a large capacity boot to take all the musical instruments, which raised the height of the back half of the coach, giving the passengers a good view as they drove to engagements.
Photo taken Sunday 29 June 2014, Hertfordshire Showground, Redbourn
(added 16 July 2014)
Preserved Alexander Northern NPA197, EAV458, a Leyland Tiger PS1 with 35 seat Duple body new in 1948.
Photo taken Sunday 29 June 2014, Hertfordshire Showground, Redbourn
(added 16 July 2014)
One of a number of vehicles giving rides round the site was Bedford OB 1, ATS689 of Keelings. The body does not look quite right for Duple – is this one of the SMT bodies? The Scottish registration and the destination suggest that the operator was from somewhere in the Dunfermline area – does anyone know anything about him?
Photo taken Sunday 29 June 2014, Hertfordshire Showground, Redbourn
(added 16 July 2014)
Gilford DX9547 new to Blue Safety Coaches of Ipswich in 1931.
Photo taken Sunday 29 June 2014, Hertfordshire Showground, Redbourn
(added 16 July 2014)
RFX436W is not the sort of thing normally seen on sct61, but does anyone know anything about it? My guess would be American built, but from somewhere in Central or South America. It is clearly now based in this country and appears to have been converted to a cafe, it's also carrying a 'For Sale' sign.
Photo taken Sunday 29 June 2014, Hertfordshire Showground, Redbourn
(added 16 July 2014)

YRC194 new to Trent in June 1962, a Leyland Tiger Cub with 41 seat Alexander body. Transferred to the Trent ancillary fleet and now preserved
Photo taken Sunday 24 June 2007, Chatsworth Rally
(added 15 July 2014)
RC4637, an AEC Regent new to Trent in 1937 with a Weymann body and rebodied in October 1948 by Willowbrook. Sold in March 1958 to Frank Cowley and sold onto to Passenger Transport Facility Manchester, last licenced in June 1960. (added 15 July 2014)
A picture of preserved Coventry 366, EKV966, under restoration, a Daimler CWA6 dating from 1944, rebodied by Roe in 1951.
Photo taken Sunday 23 March 2014, at a private site in Coventry
(added 15 July 2014)

Coventry 344, EKV944, seen at the Harnall Lane garage, was a Daimler CWA6 new in 1944 with Weymann H30/26R body which was rebuilt in 1952 by Bond, Wythenshawe. It was withdrawn later in 1964.
Photo taken Sunday 10 May 1964, Harnall Lane Garage, Coventry
(added 14 July 2014)
Seen at the Harnall Lane garage, Coventry 100, GKV100, was a Crossley DD42/7T with a Metro-Cammell H31/27R body which was new in 1951. It was fitted with an A.E.C. 7.7 litre engine and crash gearbox in October 1953.
Photo taken Sunday 10 May 1964, Harnall Lane Garage, Coventry
(added 14 July 2014)
FHP2, new in 1948 as Coventry 2, and seen at the Harnall Lane garage was a Daimler CVA6 with a Metro-Cammell H31/29R body, the second of thirty such buses new that year.
Photo taken Sunday 10 May 1964, Harnall Lane Garage, Coventry
(added 14 July 2014)
Potteries Motor Traction L9776, 776EVT, from the first batch of thirty-five Atlanteans, 766-800 EVT, delivered to Potteries, was a Leyland PDR1/1 model with a Weymann L39/34F body, new in August 1959 and was seen in Uttoxeter. The L9 prefix to the fleet number was discontinued around 1972, with 776 being withdrawn in 1980, passing to Kinross Plant (dealer), Kinross in October 1980 with nothing further known.
Photo taken Sunday 10 May 1964, Uttoxeter
(added 14 July 2014)
Potteries Motor Traction SN940, 940UVT, seen in Uttoxeter, was the last of ten A.E.C. 2U3RA Reliances with Willowbrook B54F bodies new in 1962.
Photo taken Sunday 10 May 1964, Uttoxeter
(added 14 July 2014)
Seen in Uttoxeter, Potteries Motor Traction SN5580, VEH580, was one of forty A.E.C. MU3RV Reliances with Weymann B44F bodies new between September 1955 and January 1956, this one being new in September and passing to F. Cowley (dealer), Salford in September 1969.
Photo taken Sunday 10 May 1964, Uttoxeter
(added 14 July 2014)

Halifax 3, KCP3, a Leyland RT3/1 Royal Tiger Worldmaster with Weymann B42F body new in 1958.
Photo taken early August 1968, Norton Tower, Halifax
(added 13 July 2014)
Halifax 9, KCP9, a Leyland RT3/1 Royal Tiger Worldmaster with Weymann B42F body new in 1958.
Photo taken Early August 1968, Norton Tower, Halifax
(added 13 July 2014)
Leeds 135, LUA135F, a Daimler Fleetline with Roe H45/33F body which entered service in September 1967. One of a batch of 14 (132-145) which followed the 1966 Commercial Motor Show exhibit (131) and a forerunner to the later 2 door jumbos.
Photo taken c.1968, York Road, Leeds, near the junction with Harehills Lane
(added 13 July 2014)
Bradford 309, LAK309G, a Leyland Titan PD3A/12 of 1969 was one of Bradford's last front engined buses as well as being one of the last Leyland Titans to enter service anywhere. It carries an Alexander 70 seat body, the last batch of half cab buses built by Alexander This rear end view shows the taper of the lower deck around the cab due to Leyland continuing to make the "tin front" 7ft 6 ins wide while the overall bus was 8 ft wide.
Photo taken Sunday 8 June 2014, Dalton Lane, Keighley
(added 13 July 2014)

View photos added in the following month ...