SCT '61 Photo Index
Click on any thumbnail for a full size photo
McLennan, Spittalfield GDK9 was a Leyland PS1 with Burlingham C33F body new to Yelloway Rochdale in December 1947 and acquired in April 1958.
Photo taken Friday 24 July 1959, Kinnoull Street, Perth
New to Yelloway, Rochdale in 1948 with a Trans United C33F body, GDK301, arrived with McLennan, Spittalfield in April 1958 and ran in service for a short while before being sold to Duncan, Kinloch Rannoch in 1959, returning to McLennan in February 1963. On its return it was rebodied with the McLennan B36F body seen in this shot in Dundee. It was again withdrawn and passed to Edgar, Dundee as a non-P.S.V. possibly on loan, by May 1972. It returned once more by January 1974 and was still licensed in 1977.
Photo taken Wednesday 29 July 1970, Dock Street, Dundee
Yelloway SDK827, an AEC Reliance with Burlingham C41F body, new in June 1958.
Photo taken May 1964, Bloomfield Road parking, Blackpool
Seen in Kingston Road, Stoneleigh on its way to Epsom racecourse was YDK590, an A.E.C. 2MU3RA Reliance with a Harrington Cavalier C37F which had been new to Yelloway, Rochdale but was with Allmey, Eastcote, Middlesex at the time of the photograph.
Photo taken Wednesday 5 June 1974, Kingston Road, Stoneleigh
Mid-Wales Motorways 2804DK was a Bedford SB5 with a Plaxton Embassy C41F body new in 1962 to Yelloway, Rochdale.
Photo taken early 1971, Newtown Garage
Mid Wales Motorways 320NTC, a Bedford SB1 built in 1960 with Yeates Europa C41F bodywork. New to Harrison, Morecambe, this reached Mid Wales from Golden Valley, Hereford. Next to it is 2804DK, a Plaxton bodied SB5 built in 1962 and new to Yelloway.
Photo taken July 1978, Welshpool
Seen at King’s Cross Coach Station, Pentonville Road is Yelloway 7071DK, which had a Harrington Cavalier C45F body with forced ventilation on an AEC 4U3RA Reliance chassis.
Photo taken Sunday 5 July 1964, Pentonville Road Coach Station, London Kings Cross
Yelloway 7074DK, an AEC Reliance 4U3RA built in 1964 with Harrington Cavalier C45F bodywork. This coach was withdrawn in 1974 and is seen here at Newcastle-under-Lyme on a run to Southsea.
Photo taken June 1969, Newcastle-under-Lyme
Yelloway, Rochdale CDK856C was an A.E.C. 4U3RA Reliance with a Harrington Cavalier C45F body, one of six new in June 1965, and is seen approaching the Coach Station in Cheltenham.
Photo taken Saturday 7 August 1971, Cheltenham Coach Station
Yelloway, Rochdale CDK856C was one of the last batch of Harrington bodied vehicles bought by Yelloway (CDK853-858C). It was an AEC 4U3RA Reliance with Harrington Cavalier 36 body with fixed windows and forced ventilation new in June 1965 and is seen here at the Yelloway Coach Station in Blackpool.
Photo taken Sunday 16 April 1972, Bloomfield Road parking, Blackpool
Yelloway CDK857C, an AEC 4U3RA Reliance with Harrington Cavalier C45F body prepares to leave King’s Cross Coach Station, Pentonville Road on the last Yelloway departure before closure of the coach station.
Photo taken Sunday 31 October 1965, Pentonville Road Coach Station, London Kings Cross
Yelloway CDK857C seen at King’s Cross Coach Station looking in from the exit gate in Caledonia Street. This was an AEC 4U3RA Reliance with a Harrington Cavalier C45F body.
Photo taken Sunday 17 July 1966, Caledonia Street Coach Station, London Kings Cross
Yelloway FDK415D was an A.E.C. 2U3RA Reliance with a Plaxton Panorama C45F body which was seen leaving Victoria Coach Station via the exit to Ebury Street which replaced the earlier one into Semley Place.
Photo taken Saturday 25 March 1967, London Victoria Coach Station
Yelloway FDK417D, an AEC Reliance 2U3RA built in 1966 with Plaxton Panorama C45F bodywork.
Photo taken February 1969, Newcastle-under-Lyme
Yelloway of Rochdale HDK507E, an AEC Reliance 6U3ZR with Plaxton Panorama I C45F body, new in 1967. Seen taking part in the 1967 Blackpool Coach Rally.
Photo taken Sunday 2 April 1967, Lower Promenade, Blackpool
Yelloway KDK800F, an AEC Reliance 6U3ZR with Plaxton Panorama I C45F body, new in 1968.
Photo taken Sunday 31 March 1968, North Promenade, near Derby Road, Blackpool
Yelloway were a regular competitor in the Blackpool Coach Rally and NDK164G, an A.E.C. 6U3ZR Reliance with Plaxton Panorama Elite C49F body was their entry in the 1969 Rally. Seen here on the lower Promenade at Blackpool.
Photo taken Sunday 13 April 1969, Lower Promenade, Blackpool
Yelloway, Rochdale, PDK463H, an A E C Reliance 6MU3ZR built in 1970 with Plaxton Panorama Elite C45F bodywork.
Photo taken April 1976, Bridlington Station
Yelloway TDK689J was an AEC 6U3ZR Reliance with a Plaxton Panorama Elite C45F body and is seen in King’s Cross Coach Station, Caledonia Street.
Photo taken Saturday 3 June 1972, Caledonia Street Coach Station, London Kings Cross