SCT '61 Photo Index
Booth & Fisher
More details at Local Transport History Society Histories

Click on any thumbnail for a full size photo
1. KGY270
Booth & Fisher, Halfway KGY270 was acquired in 1959 from London County Council. It was a Bedford OB with a Mulliner B30F body which had been new in 1947 as a non-P.S.V school bus with London County Council, when it was B31F and numbered 1612.
Photo taken Sunday 14 August 1966, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
2. HUO680
Beadle B29F bodywork was fitted to three Bedford OBs, new in 1948, which were acquired from Southern National. Seen here on an Omnibus Touring Circle visit is HUO680 which entered service with Booth & Fisher, Halfway in October 1960.
Photo taken Sunday 14 August 1966, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
3. HUO682
New in 1948, HUO682, seen inside the garage at Halfway, was one of three 1948 Bedford OBs acquired from Southern National. Beadle B29F bodywork was carried and it entered service with Booth & Fisher, Halfway in October 1960.
Photo taken Sunday 14 August 1966, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
4. LRB750
Booth & Fisher, Halfway LRB750 was a Bedford OB new in April 1948 with an Barnaby C29F body and was fleet number 11.
Photo taken Sunday 2 May 1971, Madeira Drive, Brighton
5. MNU689
Tillingbourne Valley ran this 1948 Bedford OB, MNU689, with Woodhall Nicholson B29F body acquired in January 1951 from Booth & Fisher, Halfway. It is seen in Guildford (Farnham Road) Bus Station on the Warren Road service.
Photo taken Saturday 14 June 1958, Farnham Road Bus Station, Guildford
6. MNU82
Booth & Fisher, Halfway MNU82 was a Bedford OB with an Allsop B29F body, one of six new in 1948.
Photo taken Sunday 14 August 1966, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
7. MNU83
Fifteen Bedford OBs were put into service by Booth & Fisher, Halfway between March and October 1948, three with Barnaby bodies, LRB 749-751, six with Allsop bodies, MNU 79-84, and six with Woodall-Nicholson bodies, MNU 686-690, MRA 599. Seen inside the garage at Halfway is MNU83 which had been new in June 1948 with an Allsop B29F body.
Photo taken Sunday 14 August 1966, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
8. NTB403
Seen at Booth & Fisher's Garage at Halfway was NTB403, a Guy Otter with an Alexander C29F body which had operated for Hulley, Baslow.
Photo taken Monday 15 April 1974, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
9. SNU235
Booth & Fisher, Halfway SNU235 was a Leyland PSU1/13 with a Leyland B44F body new in July 1952 which is seen inside the garage at Halfway.
Photo taken Sunday 14 August 1966, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
10. URA601
Booth & Fisher, Halfway URA601 was a Leyland PSU1/13 Royal Tiger with a Duple Midland B44F body new in May 1953, and was seen at the garage at Halfway.
Photo taken Sunday 14 August 1966, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
11. WRA12
Booth & Fisher, Halfway WRA12, an A.E.C. MC3RV Monocoach with a Park Royal B45F body new in January 1955 is seen at the garage.
Photo taken Sunday 14 August 1966, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
12. WRA12
Booth & Fisher WRA12 is a 1955 AEC Monocoach with Park Royal bodywork.
Photo taken 1996, Sheffield Bus Museum, Tinsley
13. WRA12
Booth and Fisher WRA12 was an example of that relatively rare beast, a Park Royal - AEC Monocoach MC3RV with 45 seat bodywork, new in 1955. It survived long enough to be taken over by South Yorkshire PTE but had been withdrawn prior to the allocation of fleet numbers.
Photo taken Sunday 9 July 1978, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
14. 19DRA
Seen in Halfway is Booth & Fisher, Halfway 19DRA which was an A.E.C. MU3RV Reliance with a Park Royal B45F body new in April 1957.
Photo taken Sunday 14 August 1966, outside Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
15. 19DRA
Booth and Fisher 19DRA was a 1957 AEC Reliance MU3RV with Park Royal B45F bodywork. Seen at Halfway Depot after withdrawal with a PTE interloper alongside, this vehicle was never allocated a PTE fleet number.
Photo taken Sunday 9 July 1978, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
16. 19DRA
Booth & Fisher, Halfway, 19DRA, an A E C Reliance MU3RV built in 1957 with Park Royal B45F bodywork.
Photo taken Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
17. 612JPU
Seen at the garage at Halfway is Booth & Fisher, Halfway 612JPU a Bristol SC4LK with an Eastern Coachworks B35F body new in November 1957 as Eastern National 446, and acquired in 1965.
Photo taken Sunday 14 August 1966, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
18. 518GRA
Booth & Fisher, Halfway 518GRA seen at Ascot was a Roe DP41F bodied AEC MU3RV Reliance new in May 1958.
Photo taken Saturday 21 June 1958, Ascot
19. 518GRA
DP or not DP that is the question. Booth and Fisher was operated as a separate subsidiary of South Yorkshire PTE from takeover in February 1976 until 1978 when PTE fleet numbers and colours started to appear. Withdrawn by that time was 518GRA a 1958 AEC Reliance MU3RV with Roe 41 seat bodywork.
Photo taken Sunday 9 July 1978, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
20. 863KNU
Booth & Fisher Ltd. Halfway owned 863KNU, a Roe B41F bodied AEC Reliance (2MU3RV 2522) delivered in May 1959.
Photo taken Friday 20 April 1973, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
21. 864KNO
864KNU was an A.E.C. 2MU3RV Reliance of Booth & Fisher, Halfway which had a Roe DP41F body and was seen at Ascot racecourse.
Photo taken Saturday 23 June 1962, Ascot
22. CEX491
Booth & Fisher, Halfway CEX491 an Albion NS3N Nimbus with Willowbrook B31F bodywork, new in July 1959 as Great Yarmouth 91, was acquired in September 1965.
Photo taken Sunday 14 August 1966, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
23. CEX494
Among the second hand Albion Nimbus' purchased by Booth and Fisher were five with Willowbrook 31 seat bodies from Great Yarmouth Corporation, CEX490-494. The last of that batch, CEX494, is seen at Halfway Depot in South Yorkshire PTE days.
Photo taken Sunday 9 July 1978, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
24. 363MRA
Among the Albion Nimbus units operated by Booth & Fisher Ltd. of Halfway, was this NS3N model, 363MRA, new in January 1960 with Willowbrook B31F bodywork.
Photo taken Monday 12 April 1971, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
25. 363MRA
Booth & Fisher, Halfway 363MRA, an Albion NS3N Nimbus with a Willowbrook B31F body new in February 1960 is seen at the garage.
Photo taken Sunday 14 August 1966, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
26. 364MRA
Booth and Fisher assembled a collection of ten Albion Nimbuses (or should that be Nimbii) with two examples coming new to the operator. One of that pair was 364MRA a NS3N model with Willowbrook B31F bodywork which survived long enough to become SYPTE number 1057. Alongside is sister 363MRA which outlived its twin by a short period.
Photo taken Sunday 9 July 1978, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
27. 537JTC
Booth and Fisher acquired 537JTC, a former 1960 demonstrator Albion Nimbus NS3 Willowbrook B31F from Barrie of Balloch in 1963.
Photo taken Sunday 9 July 1978, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
28. TUH14
Booth & Fisher, TUH14, an Albion Nimbus NS3 built in 1960 with Harrington B30F bodywork.
Photo taken August 1978, Chesterfield
29. TUH7
Booth & Fisher Ltd. of Halfway operated an interesting assortment of single deckers. TUH7 was formerly Western Welsh No.7, and was an Albion Nimbus NS3N with Harrington DP30F body dating from 1960.
Photo taken Monday 12 April 1971, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
30. TUH7
Former Western Welsh 7, TUH7, was a Harrington DP30F bodied Albion Nimbus, which entered service on 1 August 1960 and was one of a batch of 24 delivered between April and October of that year. It was withdrawn in March 1967 and sold to Booth & Fisher of Halfway, for whom it operated until 1975. Now preserved by Alan Dixon of Annfield Plain, it is seen at South Shields at the end of a rather damp Tees-Tyne Run.
Photo taken Sunday 1 June 2008, Bents Park
31. 336NKT
Booth and Fisher purchased a quartet of Weymann DP40F bodied AEC Reliance 2MU3RV from Maidstone and District. By this time, 336NKT had received its SYPTE fleet number, as 1087.
Photo taken Sunday 9 July 1978, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
32. RJX251
Former Halifax J.O.C. 251, RJX251, an Albion Nimbus NS3AN/Weymann B31F new in 1963.
Photo taken 1973, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
33. ARA534B
A quite rare coach in the fleet of Booth & Fisher ltd. of Halfway was this Harrington "Legionaire" C49F bodied Ford 676E new in July 1964, ARA534B.
Photo taken Friday 20 April 1973, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
34. MNU387D
Booth & Fisher, Halfway MNU387D, seen at their garage at Halfway, was a Ford R226 with a Strachans B51F body new in July 1966.
Photo taken Sunday 14 August 1966, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
35. MNU387D
Booth & Fisher, Halfway MNU387D, seen at their garage at Halfway, was a Ford R226 with a Strachans DP51F body new in July 1966.
Photo taken Sunday 14 August 1966, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
36. PWE713K
A more "run of the mill" coach with Booth & Fisher Ltd. of Halfway was PWE713K, an AEC Reliance (6MU4R 8101) with C51F Plaxton "Elite Express II" body dating from July 1972.
Photo taken Friday 20 April 1973, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway