SCT '61 Photo Index
Canham, Whittlesea
Click on any thumbnail for a full size photo
1. DLU202
Seen here at Bishop's Road Bus Station, Peterborough, DLU202 had been acquired in May 1956 by Canham, Whittlesea from London Transport Executive where it had been STL1836. The A.E.C. O661 Regent had an L.P.T.B. H30/26R body and it was sold for scrap in March 1960.
Photo taken Saturday 24 January 1959, Bishop's Road Bus Station, Peterborough
2. NKD330
Canham, Whittlesea NKD330 seen at Peterborough started life in 1938 as Bristol Omnibus Company 2099, EHW449 with a Duple C32R body. In September 1939 it, along with others from the batch, was converted for use as a civil ambulance and in June 1941 it was loaned to the War Department for use as an ambulance, returning in November 1946 and was withdrawn in 1951. In 1952 the chassis was rebuilt by Yeates to 30' length, numbered WSY/O6622899/189, and fitted with a Yeates FC37F body for McShane, Liverpool entering service in September 1952.
Photo taken Saturday 30 September 1961, Bishop's Road Bus Station, Peterborough
3. EX5555
Canham, Whittlesey EX5555 was a Duple C33F bodied Leyland PS1/1 which had been new in 1947 to Seagull, Great Yarmouth and was acquired from Pegg, Caston in April 1960.
Photo taken Sunday 20 September 1964, Scaldgate, Whittlesey
4. FNG822
Canham, Whittlesey FNG822 was a Bristol K6B with an Eastern Coachworks H30/26R body new in 1947 and acquired in October 1964 from Eastern Counties.
Photo taken Sunday 20 September 1964, Scaldgate, Whittlesey
5. GPW352
Canham, Whittlesey GPW352, acquired in October 1964, was a Leyland PD1A with an Eastern Coachworks L27/26R body which had been new to Eastern Counties in 1947.
Photo taken Sunday 20 September 1964, Scaldgate, Whittlesey
6. OMY502
Canham, Whittlesey OMY502, an A.E.C. O662 Regal, was, reportedly, acquired in November 1964 from Ementon, Cranfield.
Photo taken Sunday 20 September 1964, Whittlesey
7. GVF74
Canham, Whittlesey GVF74, a Bristol K6B with an Eastern Coachworks H30/26R body new in 1948 was acquired in September 1964 from Eastern Counties.
Photo taken Sunday 20 September 1964, Whittlesey
8. DFR987
Canham, Whittlesey DFR987 was a Bedford OB with a Duple Vista C29F body new in 1949 and was acquired in July 1962 from Dew, Somersham.
Photo taken Sunday 20 September 1964, Scaldgate, Whittlesey
9. JOM800
Canham, Whittlesea JOM800 was a Crossley SD42/7 with a Beccols C33F body acquired from Jackson, Castle Bromwich in August 1958.
Photo taken Saturday 24 January 1959, Bishop's Road Bus Station, Peterborough
10. LPT3
Canham, Whittlesea LPT3, acquired from Cosy, Meadowfield, was an A.E.C. 9621A Regal III with a Beccols FC33F body which had been acquired in June 1957. It was withdrawn in July 1962.
Photo taken Saturday 24 January 1959, Bishop's Road Bus Station, Peterborough
11. LTJ623
Canham, Whittlesey LTJ623 was a Leyland PS1/1 with a Burlingham FC33F body new to Mercer, Longridge in June 1950 and acquired in August 1961 from Hoyle, Halifax.
Photo taken Sunday 20 September 1964, Scaldgate, Whittlesey
12. LTJ623
A second shot of Canham, Whittlesey LTJ623 which was a Leyland PS1/1 with a Burlingham FC33F body new to Mercer, Longridge in June 1950 and acquired in August 1961 from Hoyle, Halifax.
Photo taken Sunday 20 September 1964, Whittlesey
13. JGD670
Canham, Whittlesey JGD670 was a Bedford SB with a Plaxton Venturer C35F body new in 1951 to Northern Roadways, Glasgow and acquired in November 1963.
Photo taken Sunday 20 September 1964, Whittlesey
14. MPT588
Seen in Peterborough Bus Station, MPT588 was a Maudslay Marathon III with a Burlingham FC37F body which had been acquired by Canhams in March 1958 from Meadowfield Motor Company (Cosy Coaches), Meadowfield to whom it had been new in August 1951. It passed in June 1964 to Marriott (contractor), Kettering.
Photo taken Saturday 30 September 1961, Bishop's Road Bus Station, Peterborough
15. VNO865
Canham's Whittlesey ex Eastern National KSW5G, VNO865, in the Horsefair, Wisbech, probably on the service to March taken over fron Bluebell in 1971.
Photo taken Saturday 3 November 1973, Horsefair, Wisbech
16. WNX692
Canham, Whittlesey WNX692, a Bedford SBG with a Yeates Europa C41F body acquired in June 1964 had been new to Bermuda, Nuneaton.
Photo taken Sunday 20 September 1964, Scaldgate, Whittlesey
17. EOO589
New to Eastern National in 1962 as 1621, then renumbered to 2747, EOO589 is an FLF6B, withdrawn by ENOC in 1977, and sold on to dealer Twell of Ingham, then to T Canham & Sons, Whittlesey, in whose livery it is seen here.