SCT '61 Photo Index
Say, Gloucester
Click on any thumbnail for a full size photo
1. HY8339
Say, Gloucester acquired HY8339 from Bristol Tramways in August 1956 and withdrew it in September 1958. It was a Bristol J new as a demonstrator in March 1933 with a Bristol B36R body. It was acquired by Bristol Tramways in June 1934 and numbered J122, being renumbered 2007 in 1937 when it received a Gardner 5LW engine.
Photo taken Sunday 13 July 1958, Gloucester
2. CHW51
Seen at Say's Gloucester garage is CHW51, a Bristol JNW new as Bristol Tramways N86 in 1936 with a Bristol B34D body. Renumbered C628 in 1937, it was fitted with a 5LW engine in 1938 and renumbered C2701.
Photo taken Sunday 13 July 1958, Gloucester
3. ANR281
ANR281 a Duple Hendonian C26F bodied Bedford WTB new in October 1937 to Bromley, Fleckney had passed to Say, Gloucester earlier in July 1958 via Paramere, Cardiff and Simons, Splott.
Photo taken Sunday 13 July 1958, Gloucester
4. FHT91
Bristol K5G FHT91 was new in 1938 to Bristol Tramways C3148 with a Bristol H28/28R body and was from a batch of thirty-nine which were used to replace trams on four routes in Bristol on 4th September 1938. It is seen at the garage of Say. Gloucester.
Photo taken Sunday 13 July 1958, Gloucester
5. FOF171
Say, Gloucester, FOF171, a Ex-Birmingham City Transport M.C.C.W. bodied Daimler COG5 new in 1939 seen at Say's garage after withdrawal.
Photo taken Sunday 13 July 1958, Gloucester
6. GL6624
GL6624, a Bristol L5G seen at Say's Gloucester garage was new in 1939 as Bath Tramways 2259 with a Bristol B32F body. After withdrawal in 1955 it passed to Say who ran it until September 1958 when it was broken up.
Photo taken Sunday 13 July 1958, Gloucester
7. DOD504
New in 1940 as Western National 315, DOD504 was a Bristol K5G with E.C.W. L30/26R body. It was transferred in 1950 to Bristol Tramways L4129 from whom Say, Gloucester acquired it in 1955 and withdrew it in September 1958.
Photo taken Sunday 13 July 1958, Gloucester
8. CUH681
New in July 1946 to Forse, Cardiff, CUH681 was an AEC O662 Regal with Harrington C33F body. Say acquired it in July 1956 and it is seen at his garage in Gloucester.
Photo taken Sunday 13 July 1958, Gloucester
9. LWL317
New to City of Oxford in 1946, LWL317 was one of twenty-one AEC 0661 Regents with Park Royal H30/26R bodies and had fleet number H322 being renumbered to H856 in October 1952. After withdrawal it passed in April 1958 to Say, Gloucester with whom it is seen here before passing to Marchant, Cheltenham in March 1959. It was sold for scrap in June 1964.
Photo taken Sunday 13 July 1958, Gloucester
10. DJY962
Say, Gloucester acquired two Crossley H30/26R bodied Crossley DD42/7 from Plymouth and DJY962 is seen at Say's garage in Gloucester
Photo taken Sunday 13 July 1958, Gloucester
11. FA9073
This Daimler CVD6SD, FA9073, with Burlingham C33F body new in 1949 to Viking, Burton-upon-Trent is seen at Say's garage in Gloucester.
Photo taken Sunday 13 July 1958, Gloucester
12. LAD380
Daimler LAD380 was a CVD6SD with Heaver FC40C body new in 1951 as fleet number 6 with Say, Gloucester at whose garage it is seen. It was burnt out early in 1961.
Photo taken Sunday 13 July 1958, Gloucester
13. LDF815
This Yeates C37F bodied Crossley SD42/9A, LDF815, seen here with Say, Gloucester, had the optional chrome radiator surround with the central strip and was new to Say in April 1952 with fleet number 8.
Photo taken Sunday 13 July 1958, Gloucester